Data Migration from Magento 1.x to Magento 2
In the very last blog, we dogged our self into the Migration to know the real essence of the Magento 2. Let’s move forward to reach out the next step, best known as Data Migration from Magento 1.x to Magento 2. While we were migrating, there were a number of components taking place and data is one of the crucial components among them.
Just so we know that Magento 1.x and Magento 2 are pretty diverse from each other and it’s not an easy task to upgrade from Magento 1.x to Magento 2 with all its past characteristics. Here, the migration takes a difficult shape as you need to do the manual migration and Tool migration as per the requirements.
It’s really important to keep in mind that Magento 2 is delivering all the latest updates that fascinate the Merchants to do the migration from Magento 1.x to Magento 2 for their E-Commerce stores. About the same, there are a number of extensions available for acquiring the approach. But the problem, merchants are facing is to performing the highest volume database and maintaining the catch up phase that requires in the offline stage. Henceforth, it’s important to make the data migration approach more flexible, and feasible with accuracy.
To making the approach practicable and possible, there are some operations that need to be restricted at the time of migration such as
- Complete Inventory Migration
- Static Page Contents Migration
- Customer Account Migration
- No changes in the Placed Orders
- No certain activities from the Administration Side
- No further changes on the Site
- Also it's important to provide the complete support from the Developers so that the Migration can take a better place with better shape.
Though there are a number of ways to perform migration yet the two crucial approaches that performed primarily are Manual Migration and Tool Migration.
Manual Migration is the practice, where the developers need to provide all the vital documentation with the complete details of the migration. In the process, all the data manually migrate from Magento 1.x to Magento 2.
Data: Data is one of the crucial aspects of the data migration process. All you need to do is setup the data such as products, customers, store configuration, order data, promotions and more, which are required in the migration to Magento 2. Manually this process completed by the development team.
- Manual Migration is absolutely free for the developers from the Magento Community to migrate data
- You can review your entire data thoroughly and ensure yourself about the data appearance
- It provides a better exercise to the developers, who are using this method for the migration
- It consumes time, which could become a hassle during the Migration process
- High skilled developers involvement is required while processing the Migration
- For large amount of data, this migration process is not feasible
Data Migration Tool Just like the manual migration, there are a number of possibilities come in a way where more flexible and pluggable frameworks can be automated to the migration with the help of Data Migration Tool. Though Manual Migration has been sufficient enough to take the process up yet there are multiple things, which can be managed with the help of tools. Since, we know that Magento 2 is completely different from Magento 1.x. By having a different database design and architecture it becomes necessary to redevelop the Magneto 1.x version to Magento 2. It will do nothing but make the Magento 2 compatible with the Magneto 1.x.
Data Migration Tool is being released by the UberTheme Team. The tool will help in the migration of store data from Magento 1.x to Magento 2. The Data Migration Tool enhances the flexibility and eases the entire upgrade process. Advantage
- The Data Migration Tool provides better process speed
- Accuracy is one of the key values of the Data Migration Tool
- Less development skills are required
- It can load large data easily
- Though its a fast tool but it requires complete knowledge of the tool, else it could become a hassle during the Migration process
- It is high in cost, therefore migration becomes costly
- It requires significant preparation time
How Data Migration Tools work
Data Migration Tool is a perfect platform that displays the errors and inaccuracy of the process. Data Migration Tools behaves according to the declared map files for the migration. If the map files are incorrect or not in the perfect match, then the tool shows errors. We can understand it more with an example…! such as when you transfer data from Magento1.x to Magento 2, the map files work for defining the table names on the most accurate destination. If the files find no discrimination, then it transfers the database as it is and if it does then it displays errors.
Sounds good…Isn’t it great! All you need to find out a perfect Data Migration Tool that can recognise the error and differences in your database structure so that you can perform the migration from your preceding version Magento 1.x to Magento 2. Truly a Wonderful Data Migration Tool, we can raise a toast for.
At a Glance All in all when we talk about the migration, it all depends on the level of endeavour and also how we want the site and customization in the upgrading version. We can also set the budget and timeline for the Data Migration Approach and can do it more precisely and prominently. know more about our Magento Services