PhpMyAdmin is a free web application that provides a convenient GUI for working with the MySQL database management system. It is the most popular MySQL administration tool that is used by millions of users worldwide and has won numerous awards and honors.
Written in PHP, it has all common functions that you may need when developing a MySQL-based application or website. It also gave birth to several similar products.
You can use PhpMyAdmin for Windows or almost any other operating system ever existed. It can export and import database created and managed by MySQL DBMS, as well as work with some other data formats.
The list of supported formats includes SQL, CVS, CodeGen, and CVS for Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word 2000, JSON, LaTeX, MediaWiki Table, OpenDocument Spreadsheet, OpenDocument Text, PDF, PHP Array, and Texy! Text and YAML data types.
- Create, browse, edit, and drop databases, tables, views, columns, and indexes
- Display multiple results sets through stored procedures or queries
- Create, copy, drop, rename and alter databases, tables, columns and indexes
- Maintenance server, databases, and tables, with proposals on server configuration
- Execute, edit and bookmark any SQL-statement, even batch-queries
- Load text files into tables
- Create1 and read dumps of tables
- Export1 data to various formats: CSV, XML, PDF, ISO/IEC 26300 - OpenDocument Text and Spreadsheet, Microsoft Word 2000, and LATEX formats
- Import data and MySQL structures from OpenDocument spreadsheets, as well as XML, CSV, and SQL files
- Administer multiple servers
- Add, edit, and remove MySQL user accounts and privileges
- Check referential integrity in MyISAM tables
- Using Query-by-example (QBE), create complex queries automatically connecting required tables
In a Nutshell!
PhpMyAdmin makes it easier to handle your MySQL database. You can create the exact same "quality" database in PhpMyAdmin as you can create by using the MySQL command line or any other tool.
Moreover, PhpMyAdmin program is handy for performing maintenance operations on tables, backing up information, and editing things directly in the event that WordPress is not working.