All the Magento ecommerce solutions have been developed with the most refined Magento features and according to the best magento practices, to aim the splendid results at every magento store. Both merchants and developers will find a solution for one's individual needs. You will get all your questions answered by our loyal customer support, which will lead you through all the process of managing the extensions.
SSH File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) is a part of the SSH (Secure Shell) protocol suite. Sometimes also called the Secure File Transfer Protocol, it provides implements secure file transfers over SSH. It supports the full security and authentication functionality of the SSH protocol, including SSH keys.
SSH is a secure way of providing access to all the shell accounts on the remote server. The information communicated using SFTP is first divided into small packets and unlike FTP, SFTP uses only one channel for data and control.
Before sharing the information between two computers SFTP verifies the identity of the client and once a secured connection is established it sends the encrypted information (the encryption cipher is predefined).
Compelling reasons to transfer your data through SFTP
Unlike FTP/S, SFTP does not utilize separate command and data channels. Both data and commands are transferred in specially formatted packets via a single connection.
All data sent between client and server is encrypted using an agreed upon encryption cipher. SFTP sessions can also be further protected through the use of public and private keys, which offer an alternative form of authentication known as public key authentication. This can be used as an alternative to or in conjunction with the traditional form of authentication of usernames and passwords.
Server - Allow inbound connections on port 22.
Client - Allow outbound connections to port 22.
Why switch from FTP to SFTP?
- SFTP shares its files with full security whereas FTP uploads or downloads its data without any security.
- FTP sends data in plain text while SFTP provides a little bit of privacy. For instance, FTP might send a command such as “DELE file.txt,” SFTP would send a binary 0xBC and then “file.txt.”
- FTP is used by anyone whereas SFTP is used by server owner because 22 port is not open in case of shared hosting.
- SFTP is fully secured and satisfactory whereas FTP is less secure.
- SFTP Server software is able to deliver a much richer and more detailed set of data about the files, such as the permissions, date, time, size, and other information not normally available to FTP, thanks to the more robust request protocol of the SFTP.
Choose SFTP to transfer your data in a secure and a fast way as it uses only one channel for data and control. Moreover, SFTP verifies the identity of the client and once a secured connection is established it sends the encrypted information (the encryption cipher is predefined).