Migration to Magento 2.0
Flawless as it has been, Magento had an update to grab with a whole new package of features and upgrades, and that is acknowledged as Magento 2.0. The developer community excited and delighted at the same time with the news, but the merchants and retailers were the ones snooping with what it will bring next to their business.
Back in the days, Magento dominated online shopping platforms and is still one of the most popular and used E-Commerceplatforms on the internet. Magento has always been a very settled platform; hence a vital update for Magento 1.x was called for, due to the inept areas and a few hitches that were offsetting its performance for several online merchants and retailers. With the new Magento 2.0 update, things will be quite different now.
The Magento team took significant study and research on the inadequacies of Magento until it was clear that some of its needed to be scraped and built again from the base. Magento 2.0 is almost a complete reboot of its predecessor.
The anticipated outcome of the new release has boosted its performance by 20% in contrast to Magento 1.x.
What’ Fresh for Merchants?
A number of leverages of the Magento 2.0 release have been found for the retailers. Having a deeply coded modular architecture, the API has been jolted along with the extension variance resolution tools for testing. Besides of new and more interactive layouts, better scalability with enhanced product security and multi language support for visitor multiplicity are also made it only one of its kind. Retailing process will not only be clearer but transparent too while using all these updates at work. Moreover, you will get enhanced products and category management with Magento 2.0. The access controls can be customised as well as the menu is highly adaptable for the users. With its new features you can add any product details such as categories & products promotion much easier and quicker.
What New Updates Magento 2.0 offers!
- Magento 2.0 Community and Magento Enterprise 2.0 both have thump their marks well in the period. Full page caching is certainty the most predictable upgrade that Magento can exhibit.
- By operating on a database driven site, it pre-renders its every page into basic HTML. Or we can say it trims down the loading time of the page from a lousy 5-8 second lag to a nifty 1-2 seconds. Well, fairly a quick page response, considering any E-Commerce site on the internet.
- A built in feature will permit full page caching for the community version to pacify the open source community. Quite an ideal thing for merchants as well as developers.
- With the lesser load time the server will remain on easiness, which will begin a much healthier flow of traffic and visitors without any extra expenditure on hosting services.
- Faster website is equals to high position on Google SERP. In results, better conversion rates and high traffic for the website that send positive reviews and feedback, what else online store crave for!
What’ Fresh for Developers? Magento has a lot to offer for the developers. Since now all the extensions have their own view directory assigned under the app structure, developers can enjoy the extension development with this platform. Now no more sweat in terms of tailor Magento’ installs like they used to. The dashboard is giving a better dexterity on account of its finer design and streamlined structure. Developers can do the work with more ease and smoothness.
The customising propensity has improved thrice fold henceforth, the developers are now able to execute targeted changes without being worried about conflicting with other codes with Magento.
However, the best upshot for developer community is the hardware compatibility of Magento. Being always having the low hardware performance Magento suffered a lot and in consequence an awful developer experience took a shape. Now with the Magento 2.0 release, the detected bug vanished away and hardware compatibility functions have been placed without any additional software applications.
Features that makes it Worth More:
- Database Adaptability – Databases such as Microsoft SQL, mu SQL and Oracle are quite endurable with Magento 2.0. One of the best outcomes of the release as in results better and diversified look on the website will create a well-mannered Magento store for the customers with more sorted databases.
- Testing Features – With the release of Magento 2.0, one more key feature has been added and that is testing feature. The new testing feature provides you the access to place automated tests for functional and performance testing as well as unit and integration testing. Initially, staff testing method placed for the testing but with this new feature there will be no need for the separate testing methods.
- Migration Tools for Converting – Developers can easily convert the previous versions of Magento into the recently released Magento 2.0. Though it is on the testing mode whether it can be used for every store or not.
- New Magento Connect – New Magento Connect marketplace lets you run down and scans extensions for probable plagiarism, quality checks and code reviews with a superior and user friendly interface to look for extensions without difficulty. Fresh extensions can be placed into the market place while developers can deal with the extensions better than ever with the latest dashboard. You can also check the store stability and all the available (Free & Paid) extensions on the market place.
- Improved Database – Magento’ failure in offering effecting database management is something that has always been a glitch in the whole scenario. Let’s understand it more, when you insert all the content you have on CDN, the load balancing fails to arrange your data; in results you face one of the main issues of load balancing. With Magento 2.0 release, you will not face this more as you can have a standalone database for order management and checkout.
- Payment Gateway Update – Payment gateway is one of the vital processes while doing any process. In the preceding versions of Magento conversions use to drop on account of the payment gateways. With Magento 2.0, the payment process is now incorporated with the third party embedded APIs with inline iframes. In order to perform well, it allows third party to host the payment from while being engaged in the checkout process simultaneously. PayPal, CyberSource, WorldPlay, and BrainTree are some of the popular Payment Gateways that are included with Magento 2.0
- Improved Checkout process – With Magento 2.0, you will experience impressive checkout processes. It will not only optimize and modify the procedure but also make the process hassle free. It’s true that registration and details are an important part of the process but its also factual that while dealing out with checkout process customer gets unconscious and put some counterfeit or wrong details. Magento 2.0 makes things easier and simplifies the process into a quick treat and creates the transparent and effortless practice.
Better in all aspects from Magento 1.x: One of the harsh disadvantages of using Magento 1.x is there is no leaving back as all the Magento 1.x extensions will be giving less support in terms of up-gradation. Also you might not get the custom theme or extensions that have been used in the preceding version.
No one wants to leave behind by sticking with Magento 1.x; lots of new happenings are there in Magento 2.0 and you will get more improvements with it. Disadvantages that take place somehow:
To the best of knowledge, each coin has two sides such as pros and cons and same with Magento 2.0. It is all set with latest and functional features and highly improved admin interface. Still there are some disadvantages that playing a role of barriers such as:
- All Extensions are not available for Magento 2.0 – Everyone is asking about the migration to Magento 2.0 yet still not all extensions accessible.
- Migration is Moderately Possible – Though data migration tools assist in transferring data from Magento 1.x to Magento 2.0 yet custom extensions and themes cannot be ported to Magento 2
- More Features, More Expense – Magento 2.0 is built with a number of features, which are exceptionally wonderful. The thing that makes it complicated is highly professional admin panel. Though it’s based on the advance technology yet you need to keep one prosperous money bank with you so that you can manage the setup and operate it well.
Nevertheless, all in all Migration to Magento 2.0 will be an absolute well perform decision as Magento 2.0 will bring completely new playing field for Merchants and Developers. Want to Migrate E-Commerce stores on Magento 2.0! Let’s Connect with SunArc